Monday, July 12, 2010

The Greatest Day

Despite the fact that I turned another year older today (entering a new decade), we got the greatest news. . .Sydney had a check up with her doctor and he released her to go swimming! The look on her face was priceless. Her attitude for the rest of the day was the best gift ever! Doc encouraged her to start walking on her foot and told her she could participate in as many activities as she could tolerate. All I could say was, Wow! I am so amazed by the healing process. Other than saying her arms hurt from using the walker, she has been pain free. After the doctor visit, we picked up some McDonald's and headed to the park for a picnic. Right away the girls were anxious to play (especially since we've not been able to play in over a week). Sydney cruised all over the park with her walker, and hopped on one foot to get on the equipment. To say she was determined would be an understatement.



I tried to capture this special day, but had a little difficulty. . .




Though, I wouldn't trade these poses for anything.


Tonight, we all went out to eat for a little bday celebration. Of course, my darling husband had to let the waitress know it was my birthday. I really didn't want to put on the ridiculous sombrero (one can only imagine the creepy crawly things inside the hat), but the girls thought it was funny.




I was also able to celebrate with my friends this past Friday. We had lots of fun and realized that we don't get together often enough without our kiddos.






I am so thankful for the many gifts in my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Krista!!!hopefully Sydney will be able to come to Lillie's party then!!! Let me know for sure so I can plan a seat for her!

Michelle said...

Glad Sydney is able to play again!! I always think the same way about the birthday hat. Do you think it is because we teach kindergarten?? Happy 30th birthday!!

Chelsa said...

Glad Sydney's foot is doing better! I bet she is excited to swim and play again!

Also, glad you had a great (30th?) Birthday!! :) Your cake was too cute!

Amy said...

Awww! I am so glad Sydney is doing so well. I remember all too well how amazing the healing process is, but when you are going through it is rough to know your baby has been hurting!!
Happy birthday, by the way. Hope you had a great day. Looks like to you got to celebrate well.
We need to get together before school starts!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Krista, I was just on here and thought about telling you to bring sydney a pillow.. if you don't get this in time that's ok, i'll have some, but not sure if i'll have enough! also throw in a swimsuit just incase.... (just thought about it, but can sydney get in water yet?)