Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Morning 2009

On Christmas morning, Tim and I woke before the girls. Actually, a couple of hours before. . .in fact, we had to wake them up so we would have enough time to get ready for Christmas with my side of the family. Usually when we have to wake the girls, it's like waking a couple of little bears, but not on Christmas morning. ; ) They were more than pleased to get up and see what was waiting for them downstairs.

We started the morning with a reading of the Christmas story from Luke 2. This year we were able to discuss with Sydney more about the true meaning of Christmas. She has really impressed us this season with her understanding of the events and the importance of giving gifts. She even put together her own gift for Addison by finding "treasures" in her room that she knew Addison would love. She wrapped it herself, and placed the gift under the tree. So sweet.

Our big gift for the girls this year was a dollhouse. They were super excited to have a place for their Barbies to play. Tim and I were a little shocked by its size once it was assembled. I'm still trying to figure out just where to put it-right now it's still in the middle of my living room. aah! Though, the girls have played with it everyday, and I just love watching them interact.

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

love the picture of sydney coming down the stairs! she is such a doll!