Wednesday, July 22, 2009

VBS week

VBS week was a very busy week indeed, as Tim worked a Mid-West tennis tournament during the day and we all worked/attended VBS in the evening. Each year, Tim and I teach a class either together or separately; however, this year, I decided to take on a new challenge and co-lead the kitchen team with my friend Mandy, and Tim taught the Jr. High class. I really enjoyed working in the kitchen-it helped that we had an awesome team and Mandy kept us super organized. Each night, we served approx. 175 kids and adults.

Sydney was in the 4yr. old class and loved singing the fun songs. She says her favorite part was getting to sing the songs on the stage for the program. We tried to put Addison in the nursery during Bible school, but she wouldn't hear of it! Bless the ladies who put up with her screaming and crying. I really don't get why she wouldn't like the nursery-it was full of great kids to play with, they got to play outside on a new play set, and eat great snacks. It must be a phase, because she also refuses to sit in the front seat of the shopping cart at Wal-Mart, or a high chair at any restaurant. She really knows how to make a scene. ; )

I don't have a lot of pics from VBS, due to being in the kitchen, but my friend Tera has shared her's.




No comments: