Thursday, July 16, 2009

Birthday Parties

I absolutely LOVE planning birthday parties for my girls, so I couldn't resist participating in this week's "Show us where you live Friday" tour at Kelly's Korner. This week, she is hosting a tour of children's birthday parties. I am so excited about this tour-I usually start planning our parties 6 months in advance, and can't wait to see all of the ideas.

Last September, we had a Strawberry Shortcake themed party for Sydney's 4th birthday. This theme was special to me, because I also had a Strawberry Shortcake theme for my 4th birthday. My mom made the adorable pillowcase dress for her to wear, and a wonderful lady from church made the strawberry flavored cake.


Sydney has already told me she'd like to have a Fancy Nancy party when she turns 5.

Last November, we celebrated Addison's 1st birthday with a cupcake theme. The same wonderful lady from church made the delicious cake and cupcakes. I made the cake topper and cupcake pics using the Cricut. The birthday girl's attire was also handmade, using a rhinestone princess iron-on for the t-shirt, and LOTS of pink tulle for the skirt.

We've not settled on a theme for Addison's 2nd birthday, yet. Still looking for ideas. ; )

6 comments:

Kari said...

I'm growing hungry reading your blog. Did I see the bread and spinach dip? Yum. My daughter has the same SS doll that's on the cake - except ours usually ends up clothless and in the tub! Beautiful party!

momMYsliceoflife said...

What cute parties!! I love the idea of doing the smash cake on top of the cupcake tower!! I might really have to use that one for my daughter, London's, first birthday in October! I am having so much fun getting great ideas from everyone on Kelly's birthday blogs!

-Carla

Tonya said...

I love the cupcake tower! I had been thinking about doing a cupcake party for Mia's birthday this fall.

Ashley said...

Cute ideas and very creative! Makes me want to plan a kids party:)

Jamie said...

Do you want to plan and decorate for Josie's birthday in December? :)

Annie said...

Great pictures of the girls birthday's.

Thanks for sharing.

Have a nice week.