When Tim got off work, we took the girls to Grammy's for the night and headed to St. Louis for a ballgame. There was no better way to celebrate Tim's birthday then going to a Cardinals game and enjoying some smothered nachos! Yum! Although it was unbearably hot for 8 p.m., it was fun hanging out with my guy. On a side note: Sydney and Addison barely noticed that we were gone!! From the stories I hear, Grammy and Papaw wore the girls out! Papaw even took them to a friend's place to see a baby deer and they fed it a bottle. Sydney said it looked just like Bambi.
The Cards Win!!
The week-long birthday celebration : ) concluded with a little gathering of friends at our place on Saturday night. I made a cake which turned into a flop. (But my hubby, who can't stand to let food go to waste, wouldn't hear of me throwing it out. I didn't even ask-I knew better.) So, I tried to make it look somewhat presentable and had him take his picture with it. Despite the looks of it, it was really delicious.
Can you see the crack going right through the middle??
Wow, this man must really be loved!! Actually, he is. He is my best friend and love of my life, an awesome daddy to our beautiful girls, a great teacher, and a positive influence in the lives of the high school students he teaches and coaches. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. Happy 30th Honey! We love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment