
There's a little bit of a story behind the next photos. . .It was another beautiful spring day, and I knew the girls would love getting to play outside. However, when I arrived at the daycare that morning, I noticed Addison wasn't wearing shoes. My first thought was oh no, Addison is going to be so mad if she can't go outside today. My second thought was to call Tim and ask him if he knew why Addison wasn't wearing shoes. (Side bar: My very wonderful husband helps get the girls ready each morning. If not for his help, I/my family would never get to where we needed to be on time.) He wasn't sure what happened to the shoes, but he would look for them over his lunch. Meanwhile, back at the daycare, it just so happens that one of Addison's friends (a boy) doesn't like to go outside, so Addison got to borrow his shoes. From what I hear, she was thrilled to get to go outside and the pictures do little to show how excited she was. Thank you to her little friend, he saved the day. Speed up to supper time, where Tim and I had another discussion about what might have happened to the shoes. He remembered having a lot of things in his hands when he went to put Addison in her car seat, so he put it all on top of the van. . .I asked if he thought there was still a chance the shoes might still be on top of the van (after a 60 mile trip, highly unlikely but worth at least a look.) We do have luggage bars on top of the van, so I thought maybe they got lodged under the bars. We went out to the garage and there sat one little shoe under the bar on top of the van. Yeah!! I forgot to mention that the missing shoes happen to be my favorite pair of shoes. But where was the other one?? I remembered hearing something hit the van that morning, and approximately where I was when I heard it (never would have thought it was my daughter's shoe). So, off on a drive we all went looking for a little brown toddler shoe. Low and behold, near where I thought it would be, the shoe was found sitting on a 2x4 by a couple of mailboxes, as if someone had found it and knew we would come looking for it. I wish I had my camera. It looked so cute sitting there along the road. So the case of the missing shoes was solved, and all was well!


Here's a little video clip Lori took on her cell of Addison dancing. I love her attempt at spinning! Just precious!
That's it for today. Stay tuned for more little moments.

1 comment:
Too funny about Addison's shoes! :)
Post a Comment