Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Country girl at heart

Sydney may live in the city, but she is truly a country girl at heart. Anytime we visit Grammy and Papaw (in the country), Sydney finds her way outside with Papaw. This past Sunday, was no exception as Papaw had the 4-wheeler out and was anxious to pull Sydney on the sled. Sydney LOVED it to say the least. She kept telling Papaw to go faster and probably would have never come inside had her mommy not spoiled the fun and wanted her to rest before the Super Bowl gathering. bummer. Though we weren't all dressed to play in the snow, Sydney thought it was necessary that everyone take a turn on the sled (even though some thought they were too big to ride.) We won't mention who broke the rope. ha, ha. I had a blast riding with Sydney, and managed to stay dry. It brought back childhood memories as my sister, brother, and I spent many snow days doing the exact same thing. Tim and I can't wait for the day that our girls live closer to their grandparents and they can spend more quality time with them enjoying the outdoors. On a side note: I know Addison would have loved the sled ride too had she not been taking a nap. = ( I felt kinda bad for her as we were all having a great time and she didn't have a clue what was going on. Maybe next time, Addison. I had to include a picture of Addison walking/running. I'd say in the last month or more she has been cruising around the house like a pro. I'm still trying to capture a video of it-just too cute not to share. She goes around the house with such excitement, smiling and squealing as she comes across new things. I am so blessed to be her Mommy.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Your kids live far away from their grandparents? You're kidding, right? I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Love from NC,
your sis