Cabin fever is running high in this household! I remember commenting in an earlier post that it would be nice to have at least one snow day. . .well, I got a little more than I wished for-today marks our 5th snow day. Tim and I have truly enjoyed the extra time that we have been blessed with to spend with our girls. However, we are also looking forward to the snow melting this weekend and getting out and about once again. Now, I have to say we did get out a little yesterday for an appointment with an ENT to discuss putting tubes in Addison's ears.* Then, we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things, and because we hadn't been out of the house in 4 days, we were there for an hour and a half just looking. For lunch, we picked up McDonald's and had a picnic in our living room while we watched cartoons. It felt great to get out and do something!! Sydney had gymnastics last night, too. It was a great opportunity for her to burn off some energy.
*Addison has been battling ear infections for quite some time. She has had 5 since October and even now has fluid in her left ear again. Doc thought it was time we look at other measures to help Addison. So, after some discussion and prayer, we are proceeding with having tubes put in on Feb. 11th. Even though this a fairly common procedure, I still hate the idea of putting Addison through surgery.
2 comments:
Tubes have been extremely successful... In '07/08' KArson had an ear infection every month for about 7 months and finally we put tubes in around April 08 and he hasn't had one since.. it has been an answered prayer... he was also outside playing on the swingset the afternoon of surgery... not bad at all...
recovery is minimal, surgery is 5 minutes long, you'll be glad you did it...
Post a Comment