Saturday, January 24, 2009

Icicles

One day this week as we were driving home, Sydney was telling me all about icicles. She knew how they were formed and where to find them. So as we neared our house, we had our eyes open trying to spot some icicles. Unfortunately, we didn't see any. . .until I went to get the mail and spotted one, very long icicle hanging from the mailbox! I was so excited! (That's the teacher in me.) I called for Sydney to come and see what I had found, and she couldn't believe it. I'd call that a pretty cool teachable moment. It wasn't long after that that she broke the icicle and give it a taste.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lillie was very facinated with Icicles also!!! she found some on the slide and ran them in to show me.. she wanted to put them in the freezer to save them!