Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wrapping up Christmas parties #5-6

Christmas party #5 was held at my mom and dad's (aka Grammy and Papaw's). We met for a non-traditional Christmas lunch-white chili, ham sandwiches, and layered Mexican dip, on an unusually warm day. Hopefully, some time this winter we will wake to a blanket of snow. I'd be up for at least ONE snow day. ; ) I remember when my sister was visiting in August it was too cold to swim, and now in December we are experiencing 70 degree temps! Very strange Indiana weather! That might explain my recent sneezes and sniffles.

Anyway. . . back to our Christmas celebrations. Once again, we were all blessed beyond measure. Every year, I tell my mom that she needs to scale it back a bit. ; ) Though, I know how much she enjoys giving, and how easy it is to get wrapped up in buying for little ones. I think the part I enjoyed the most this year was watching my girls experience Christmas. Their expressions were simply priceless. Poor Tim didn't get to experience it like I did as he caught the flu bug that has been flying around. He made it through Grammy's Christmas, but had to miss church and Christmas at Great-Grammy's on Sunday.

On Sunday, I took the girls to Great-Grammy and Great Papaw's for lunch for our final Christmas gathering. It was a modest little celebration held in their garage with a very delicious and traditional meal. Great-Grammy made the cutest little purses for each of the great-grandkids from her fabric scraps. For me, those are the most precious gifts-ones that I know will become treasures, and ones that have a piece of my grandma wrapped up in them.

As I look back on this week of celebrations, my heart is filled with great joy. The opportunity we have to spend time with our loved ones is something we always cherish. Praise God for all His blessings.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The pictures are great. I like the new look of your blog. Happy New Year!