Well, Christmas break is over and it's back to work we go. We are trying to get back in the swing of things-like getting up early, yuck! The alarm clock Sydney got for Christmas seems to be helping her some, but her mommy loves the snooze button on her own alarm. I think I need to adhere to some of the mommy advice I dish out and go to bed at a decent hour.
Anyhow. . .wanted to share how we ended 2008 and how we spent our first days of 2009. On New Year's Eve, we spent our time celebrating with my family in honor of my little bro's birthday, and rung in the new year with friends at the Knepp's. The girls had a great time playing with all of their buddies and actually made it to midnight. The following day, we of course slept in and then headed out of town for a little family fun at the children's museum and one last event before Matt, Victoria, and Elaina headed home. A little advice. . .don't go to the children's museum on New Year's Day unless your in the mood for quite a crowd! I think Tim and I might have been a little naive when it came to planning our trip. Sydney had a great time, but it was really hard to keep track of her in the crowd. It was enough to stress a parent out. The night wasn't a total bust, though. We enjoyed a great meal with everyone and then let the girls swim at the hotel. Addison had a blast in the pool. It looks like we might have another little fish on our hands. We are definitely going to have to keep our eye on her this summer as she showed no fear in the water.
Well, it's getting late. . .got to get up early ; ) I'll let the slideshow tell the rest of the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment