Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day (parties #3-4)

On Christmas morning, the girls awoke to see that Santa had came. He brought Sydney a Leapster 2 with a princess game, and Addison a FP Sing along stage. They also had lots of goodies in their stocking. Grammy and Papaw came down to watch the girls open their presents and have brunch with us. This was the first year that I cooked on Christmas day for my family. It was pretty special. In fact, I was really impressed with my cooking and that I was prepared! SO not like me at all! I actually put the meals together the night before, so all I had to do on Christmas morning was put it in the oven and set the table. So awesome!! I know to most I am a dork, but for those who know me, this behavior (cooking and being prepared) is unusual. After our meal, the girls opened presents from each other and from Mommy and Daddy. We spent most of the day just hanging out and enjoying our new things. Again, this was not how we typically spend Christmas day, but well worth the time we were able to spend with our girls on Christmas day.

Later in the evening, we went to the extended Swartzentruber gathering held at our church. The family has grown so much in recent years that it is difficult to find a home big enough to accommodate everyone, thus the reason for having it at church. This year, in lieu of a gift exchange among the cousins, they went on a scavenger hunt throughout the church to find a gift bag filled with treats and a craft project. The adults held their annual dirty Santa event while the kids assembled their craft and played.

It might have been the year for changes this Christmas season, but I think they were good changes. Our family had a great time and felt a lot more relaxed.

No comments: