Monday, December 22, 2008

Elaina's First Visit

Late Saturday night, we met our newest niece/cousin for the first time. Matt, Victoria, and Elaina had traveled a long way and were all very tired when they arrived. But, it was great to see them. Little Elaina is such a sweetie. I could snuggle with her all day. I just love her to pieces.

Last year, we started a tradition with Matt and Victoria of decorating a gingerbread house together, and Sydney was not about to let them forget it this year. All week long, she had talked about when they were coming and was very anxious to decorate the gingerbread house. Victoria had told me to have it ready to decorate when they arrived so that it wouldn't take as long. Well, I messed around and didn't get it done. Long story made short, we were all pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and the house was already assembled. I'm going to include pics from last year to show what a process it was to put the house together. The girls had lots of fun decorating and eating the decorations.

Once the house was done, we attempted to get pics of the cousins together. Addison was being feisty and letting us know what she thought about pics as she chewed on an ornament and rolled around on the floor like a puppy. She loves to make us laugh.

1 comment:

Jamie Truelove said...

that is so funny...my mom always does the g'bread house with my kids...she kept saying...I have to get that put together so it can set...I want it to be ready when the kids get here. AND...she opened hers and it was assembled...must be the same brand...she was thrilled:)