Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Sunday

3 posts in a day. . .must be a record for me. I had to share our latest holiday news or else I'll be really behind by the end of the week. Yesterday, marked the start of our Christmas festivities. We began the day by dressing up in our Christmas dresses for church, and trying to get some pictures. Like the night before, Addison wasn't very cooperative. So, I settled for whatever I could get and then it was off to church. After church, we tried once more for pics along with the Knepps. What a workout that turned out to be. It has been said before, but man is it tough to get 4 kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time. ; )

We went to my grandparents (my dad's side) for lunch. As we stood for prayer, it warmed my heart to see how much the family has grown, and how so many were able to attend. Thanks to the wonder of technology we were even able to include my cousin and his girlfriend from Baltimore via the web cam. Its amazing what we can do with technology. Anyway, we all had a great time relaxing and just hanging out. For me and my family, it was so nice not having to worry about going somewhere else or even cranky kids. Sydney and Addison did so well. Once again my girls were blessed with gifts from great-grandparents, aunts and uncles. Sydney has played with her new gifts all day today. Addison on the other hand would have played with her toys, but instead spent most of the day sleeping. I hope she was just trying to recover from the festivities and not getting sick. I did notice that she is cutting another tooth, so that might have also had an affect on her odd behavior. While I am on Addison's latest developments, I haven't mentioned yet that she is starting to walk more. I am not ready to say she is officially walking yet, but we are definately headed in the right direction. She is walking more between short distances, and is able to get up from a sitting position. It won't be long and my little baby will walking all over the place.

Later in the evening, we went to my mom and dad's so that Sydney could feed the reindeer and we could spend more time with Matt, Victoria, and Elaina. Every year at daycare, the kids mix up a special treat for the reindeer - oats and glitter, and then Sydney feeds the reindeer in Grammy's yard. Addison entertained us with her peek-a-boo talents and impressed us with her walking.

Whew, what a day!! Praise and thanks goes to our heavenly Father for the riches in our lives. May you all have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It was a great day spent with family! I loved looking at your pictures. The pic of you, Victoria, and Olivia just amazes me. I think you guys look so much alike! It must be the wade side of the family or maybe the kemp side, with the blood you 3 share who knows!!!! Merry Christmas!!