Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Addison


My baby is ONE! I am still in a bit of denial, but it's true. Sniff, sniff. Tim and I took the day off to spend with our family on this special day. We spent the day doing pretty much the same things that we had done with Sydney on her first birthday: we had pictures taken, went out to eat, and spent some time at the mall. Addison made her very own bunny at Build A Bear, enjoyed a sparkly cookie, and rode the carousel. She didn't tell me, but I'm pretty sure she had a great time. It was actually really good for the family to get out of the house and "blow the stink off" as they say. Sydney has been battling a cold virus this week and has spent her days at home. It was a beautiful day to spend out and about.
As I reflect back on Addison's arrival and our first year together, I couldn't have asked for more. Last year on this day, we awoke very early to have labor induced. It was a strange feeling going to the hospital with no labor pains and walking up to my delivery room. After labor began, Addison arrived within 6 hours. It was great! Since then, Addison has brought great joy to our lives. She loves to cuddle, make people smile with her silly faces, sing along to the Veggie Tales, and play peek-a-boo. Tim and I are very blessed to have two beautiful, healthy daughters who have loving, caring spirits.

2 comments:

Sapphire Sweets by Emily said...

Happy Birthday, Addison! It looks like you had lots of fun... I can't believe you are ONE YEAR OLD. You are such a sweet girl.

Tera said...

Happy Birthday, Addison! You look awfully cute in your new birthday outfit!