Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What a Week!

One word to describe how we feel. . .Exhausted!! Going back to work has proven to be a big challenge. We have so much going on right now that a routine is difficult to manage. I think the worst part of my day involves waking up a 3 1/2 year old when it is still dark outside. It also doesn't help that we try to put her to bed when it is still light out! Are we cruel parents or what??!! Addison on the other hand is pretty laid back and doesn't say much about having to get up early~thank goodness! Addison has also adjusted very well to daycare. She eats, plays, and sleeps on a regular schedule. I couldn't ask for more. Sydney loves that her little sister goes to daycare with her and has taken on a very protective role. I only wish she could have protected her from the little cold virus that Addison is now battling. : (

In other news, Tim and I went to a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game on Sunday with friends, Alex and Tera. Tim was offered free tickets, so despite the hectic week we couldn't pass up the great opportunity. It was a long day but a lot of fun!! Sydney and Addison stayed with their Grammy and Papaw. The girls spent the day visiting their great-grandparents and playing at the park. Unfortunately, there are no pictures. : ( Instead, try to imagine Sydney riding her bike around the lake at the park with Papaw chasing after her, feeding the ducks until they were stuffed, and playing on the playground. Addison couldn't keep up with her big sister so she found napping more beneficial. I'm pretty sure Sydney wore out her grandparents! ; ) The girl has more energy than anyone I know! She reminds me a lot of her Aunt Victoria! = )

We have also been enjoying the warmer weather and hoping it stays. When we got home last night, we played outside until it was time for supper. (A very kind friend provided us with a delicious meal, so I didn't have to worry about fixing supper.) Sydney was so excited to play outside that she had to experience as much as she could. She played with sidewalk chalk, blew bubbles, rode her bike, went for a walk, and checked out the latest signs of spring. Addison was also able to enjoy being outside and loved every minute.



Well, I'm off to get things ready for another day. Only 33 more days until summer break.

1 comment:

Tera said...

We played with bubbles last night too! Looks like the girls are loving the sunshine!