For me, the trip to work this morning was pretty emotional. I tried to be strong in front of Sydney, but I think she could sense something was up because she kept giving me hugs and telling me how much she loved me. How sweet! ; ) Once the girls were settled at daycare, I couldn't hold the tears back any longer. : ( Though when I got to work, I had 18 smiling kindergartners eagerly welcoming me back. They quickly took my mind off my girls as we tried to settle back into our routine. At lunch, I was finally able to call and check on Sydney and Addison. Lori reported that they were doing great and Addison was adjusting very well to her new environment. It is so comforting to know that my girls are being well taken care of. A BIG thank you to Lori and Cassie for loving my girls.
Thankfully, the day seemed to fly by and I was back with my girls in no time. All glory and praise goes to God!! I was at peace and had the strength, energy, and patience needed to get me through the day. It is so amazing to feel God's presence in all that I did. Wow, what a day! Now it is off to bed so we can do it all over again tomorrow. ; ) I heard someone say today that there are only 39 days left of school!! Yeah!!
Getting ready to leave ~ 6:30 a.m.!!
2 comments:
I felt the exact same way the first time I took Sophie and Eli to the sitter. I probably cried 13 times at work that day. Now, of course, we're in a routine and everything's fine! I'll keep you all in my prayers! :)
It is so hard to go back to work! Thinking of you this week and hoping Summer comes SOON!!!
Post a Comment