Friday, June 22, 2012

The joys of summer

One day, I spied the girls giving Addison's cozy coupe a wash.  I loved Addison's attention to detail on the wheels.  Though, they seemed to disappear when it was time to wash my van!  Hmmm!

Sydney recently had the awesome opportunity to attend her first overnighter at Camp Illiana.  She had a blast hanging with her buddies, meeting new friends and learning more about what it means to be a follower of Christ.
Sydney at camp with Chloe and Braylee

With big sissy at camp, Addison got to play at her friend Sophie's house.  Sohpie's mom and I teach Kindergarten together and the girls go to the same daycare.  They are so fun to watch play together.  One minute they could be playing "big buck deer" (pretending to go hunting with a pink bow and arrow) and the next minute they can be playing dress up and pushing baby dolls in strollers.


Last week, we went to Holiday World with Braylee, Brynna, Brielle, Emily and Eli.  Stormy weather had been predicted throughout the day, but thankfully each storm on the radar skipped over us.  The clouds and wind actually helped to make our trip a very pleasant one.  The kiddos had a blast going down water slides, jumping in the wave pool and riding some of their favorite rides.  This year was the first year that Sydney was tall enough to ride on a big roller coaster. . .being the adventurous gal that she is, she had asked to ride a roller coaster several times throughout the day.  Unfortunately for me, her daddy the roller coaster enthusiast was not along for this trip.  I knew at some point I was going to have to give in and ride with her, but my friend Tera saved the day. . .offering to take Sydney for me.  So, the #1 ranked roller coaster in the nation (the Voyage) was Sydney's pick.  Long story short, Sydney got off the ride and vowed never to ride it again!  She later asked why it was ranked #1 and I explained that a lot of people love the thrill of the ride.  She said those people must be crazy and that the Voyage gave her the creeps!  She claims she'd still like to try other coasters though!  Thank you Tera for taking Sydney on her first roller coaster!  I'm sure it will be something she never forgets.







*To see more pics from our fun trip, click here.

1 comment:

Tera said...

It's actually #1 "on the planet" I think but I am w/Syd...doubt I ever go on that thing again!! :) I didn't realize it was her first big coaster! She was one brave 7 yr old!