Earlier in the month, during one of our visits to Grammy and Papaw's, the girls thought it would be fun to turn Papaw's turkey blinds into a play tent for themselves. They set it up in the driveway (in the rain) and colored in their little chairs. Papaw used his turkey decoy and turkey call to add to their fun. Silly Papaw.
Addison also got to "drive" the 4-wheeler on this visit. This was her first time on the 4-wheeler.
We celebrated Mother's Day with my mom (Grammy) and grandma (Great-Grammy). We had lunch at Grammy's. Sydney and Addison each gave me a Willow Tree figurine that depicted their relationship with me. Sydney's figurine reminds me of the moments when I am giving her Godly instruction, and Addison's depicts the tender moments we share at bedtime when I am rocking her.
This year, our tennis season came to an end in the Regional final-a little sooner than normal, but grateful to have daddy around more. The girls love going to tennis matches and hanging out with the team.
On Fun Day, Grammy brought the girls to my school to meet the students and enjoy the inflatables. They had so much fun!
Addison reached a new milestone this month, and we were finally able to turn her car seat around. She was soo excited to get to sit like her big sis. Now, I have two backseat drivers. ; )
To round out the month, we opened up the family waterpark with a new pool (thanks Grammy and Papaw.) Last year, the waterpark was closed due to faulty equipment. I expect this pool to last a little longer than the previous models. Addison was so excited the first time she went down the new slide-she kept saying "I did it!" Sydney is a little tall for the slide, but came up with multiple ways to go down it and had a blast.
Now school is over, and we can't wait for all the fun that summer brings. I am so thankful for the opportunity to spend this time with my little darlings.
No comments:
Post a Comment