Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

What a beautiful Mother's Day!! My day started with eating chocolate chip pancakes in bed and receiving cards from my girls and hubby. What a great way to start a day, with the family I love so much!!

This is the card I got from the girls. Sydney did a fabulous job illustrating it.
Here, Sydney drew a picture of her and Addison smiling. Notice that Addison has no hair ; )She thought the things I do best are making cards and teaching (the school bus is supposed to represent school.)The 3 things she really loves about me are my smile, that I read her stories, and that I cook supper. I love her sizzling detail in the cooking picture.I am so impressed with her artistic representations. I love being a mommy to Sydney and Addison.

After breakfast, we got ready for church in our normal hasty fashion, and made it just 10 minutes late today:) After church, we made the curvy, swervy trip to French Lick Springs Resort and West Baden. We dined at the Grand Colonnade Buffet, and it was delicious!! I would highly recommend it to anyone. Then, we strolled through both hotels enjoying the sights, soaking up the great spring weather, and trying to get some pictures. My girls truly enjoyed exploring the hotels and gardens, but had absolutely no interest in posing for a picture. By the middle of the afternoon, the girls(mommy and daddy too) were exhausted and we headed home for some much needed naps. It was a wonderful Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I LOVE Sydney's drawings!

Tonya said...

cards from your kids are some of the best things in life!

Tera said...

I think the pictures turned out cute even if they weren't in the mood! ;) The girls made one of those cards for Gramma...except silly mom didn't even think about having her draw pictures too. She just wrote in each thing. I like the cooking picture too!