Last weekend (you know Valentine's weekend), presented many trials for me as I attended to my husband post-wisdom teeth extraction. No more than 5 minutes from getting him home, I quickly found out why God called me to be a teacher and not a nurse. Now don't get me wrong, I've dealt with my share of icky stuff at school as kids undoubtedly have boogies, boo boos, and (fill in the blank), and I seem to handle those just fine. Well, if I'm being completely honest, I have to mention that I usually have backups-those dear angels (aides, school nurse, custodians, etc. ) who swoop in and help clean up the kids, desks, carpet, etc. while I go back to teaching. So there we were at home, just Tim, Addison, and me and no backups. Addison did the best she could, patting Daddy as he laid on the couch and checking out the scene, but I was left to replace gauze, ice his cheeks, dispense medication, take care of Addison, and other household chores. Doesn't sound that bad now, but at the time the smell and the initial amounts of blood nearly made me sick to my stomach. Lots of "Please Jesus help me's!" were prayed as I settled in to a long weekend of playing nurse. I also made a few phone calls to my mom and a friend just to assure that I knew what I was doing. Thankfully, Sydney had spent the night with my mom the night before and she was able to take her to daycare for their Valentine's party.
On Saturday (Valentine's Day), I made heart-shaped chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and we exchanged our valentines. The girls got new jammies, books, and lotion. Daddy got new cologne, and Mommy received a new book. Grammy came down that evening with treats for the girls, too. Each got a stuffed animal, book, and treats. Addison loves, loves her new tiger and takes him many places. It is so cute to watch her love on baby dolls and stuffed animals. Amidst our exchanges and playing, Tim continued to lay on the couch and doesn't have much recollection of what happened. I think you can catch a glimpse of what he looked like in the background of one of the pics. Poor guy.
Sunday, I took the girls to church while Tim continued to recuperate. After lunch at my grandparents, we returned home for some much needed naps. I can't really recall much else. Monday, Tim went back to work, while I stayed home with the girls for once again a day off from school. This time it was due to President's Day and not snow thankfully. We took Addison to the doctor for her 15 mo. check-up-she weighed 23 1/2 lbs. and was 30 1/4 inches tall. Doc let me take a peak at her ears-must say it was great to see they were completely free of fluid. Since getting tubes in her ears, she seems to be much happier (if that is even possible) and is talking so much more.
I am so thankful for God's grace during our long weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment