Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Romantic Life

Today, Tim and I celebrated 6 wonderful years together. The day was marked by attending church, eating out with Tim's brother and his family for lunch, swimming at Papaw and Grammy's, eating pizza for supper, riding a 4-wheeler, and picking green beans in the garden. Now that's what I call romance! ; ) Actually, Tim and I did go out on a date last night and had a great time enjoying one another's company. When we left the girls with the babysitter, I had the strangest feeling I was forgetting something. Tim said "It's called a diaper bag and two girls." Oh yeah, that must be it. = ) Today's romantic activities reminded me of a time when I had gone out with my girlfriends (my batchelorette party), and a strange man claiming to be able to read palms volunteered to read my palm. He of course painted a lovely picture of what my life would be like. . .a family, a career, some heartache, and a very romantic life-"just like the stuff they right in romance novels" he had said. LOL!! His ideas of course are not real. I much prefer the life God has blessed me with. For example, as Tim and I rode the 4-wheeler together, Tim took the brunt of the cobwebs, lifted tree limbs out of the way as we drove through the woods, and drove us into a patch of poison ivy. I don't think I would read that in a romance novel, but it is romantic to me. In our 6 years together, God has been with us as we relocated to a new city, traveled to new places across the country, endured one back surgery, accepted our first teaching positions, bought our first home, brought two beautiful babies into this world, and through many little moments in between. Without Him in the center of our relationship, each of these situations would have been much more difficult to handle. Tim and I give all glory to God for where we are today in our marriage, and look forward to what He has in store for us in the coming years. I leave you all with a quote I saw recently on a dear friend's blog: "Walk with me, the best is yet to be."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Tim and Krista!!

Michelle

Andrea said...

I remember your wedding like it was yesterday! It was so beautiful and elegant and it sound like your life has been a blessing since that day. Enjoy your years together.

Andrea

Courtney said...

I forgot all about the creepy palm reader!! Happy Anniversary. Your wedding was beautiful, and I will never forget Tim singing to you in front of everyone. That's true love!

Anonymous said...

congrats! What a goodlooking family you have! Those girls are dolls!