Saturday, July 31, 2010

VBS 2010 and more

Attending and serving at Vacation Bible School is an important summer activity for our family. This year the theme was High Seas Expedition. Sydney was in the Pre-K/K group, while Tim and I lead 26 1st and 2nd graders through a study of God's Word.

Day 1~July 18 "But you are near O Lord, and all your commands are true." Psalm 119:151


Day 2~July 19 "Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles." Psalm 119:50


Day 3~July 20 "Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions." Psalm 119:18


Day 4~July 21 "Give me life through your word." Psalm 119:37


Day 5~July 22 "Your faithfulness extends to every generation, as enduring as the Earth you created." Psalm 119:90

The Saturday following VBS, Sydney went to Charlie Brown camp at Camp Illiana for the first time. Of course she went with her bestie, Braylee. She had a blast and told me she was ready to start spending the night at camp. Well, she may be ready but I'm not ready to let her go yet. . .can she please stay little for little bit longer?? (I was going to crop this pic, but the looks on the little sisters' faces are just priceless.)

Then on Sunday, Addison proved what a big girl she is and went to Sunday School for the first time by herself! She's talked about going for a while now but it took her a little bit to work up the courage to actually go through with it. The week prior, I went to class with her, but the next week she told me she didn't need me to stay in Sunday School with her.

2 comments:

Tera said...

Do we have some cute girls or what?! :)

Sue said...

I second that Tera! I think it has to be the Swartzentruber blood of course! LOL Krista, that pic of the "little sisters" in the background is priceless. I clicked on it to enlarge it and I just chuckled at the expressions on their faces and Brynna's little folded arms. TOO CUTE!