Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

On Saturday, we celebrated my birthday. Aah! Only two years until the big 30! Oh, well. Each year has been filled with abundant blessings from the Lord-none of which I deserve. =) I can only hope that the years to come are even better. My gift this year is a master bedroom makeover courtesy of my loving husband. When Addison came along, we converted our former "office" into a nursery. At the time, our master bedroom was the only place we could store all of the "office" stuff. Now, hopefully with a little rearranging of some other things in the house and a little paint we will once again take claim to our bedroom. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the project doesn't take more than a week. To celebrate the day, we went out to eat with my parents. It was very nice.

Backing up a bit to Friday night, we spent time with friends (our Sunday School class) enjoying pizza and just hanging out. When everyone is gathered together with their children, the children nearly outnumber the adults! In fact, in a few short months we will be outnumbered. At the gathering, Addison met a new friend; a little boy who is only one month younger. It was so cute to watch them play together.


Then tonight, we started Vacation Bible School at our church. Tim and I are teaching 3rd grade. It has probably been at least 4 years since we have taught a class together so I'm not sure how that will go. ; ) If you are familiar with the show the "Office," Tim claims I'm like Dwight, the Assistant to the Third Grade Teacher, not the Assistant Third Grade Teacher. I'd rather we play the roles of Jim and Pam. = ) They are really clever, work great together, and make a cute couple. Anyhow, this is Sydney's second year of VBS and she is already having a blast. Pictures of Sydney at VBS coming soon. ; )

4 comments:

Greta said...

That's the nicest VBS room decorating job I've ever seen!! Looks much better than posters on a white wall! Loved the "Office" personnel comparisons...you are definitely no Dwight...or Stanley either! See ya tonight fellow assistant teacher.

Michelle said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a great time celebrating with family.

Tera said...

Cute pictures of Addison and Jacoby! I love the Office comparison too. ;)

Susie said...

Hi Krista
I don't watch the office so not sure what the personalities of those people are but I do know you guys are doing a Great job! Megan is having a really good time in your class at VBS! Just wanted to say thanks to you & Tim for volunteering your time and teaching and further Megan's walk with Christ! Love your pictures!
Happy Birthday and hope your present turns out great!