After listening to Tim's favorite radio talk show with Dave Ramsey, we discovered this awesome website. Like most families, we struggle with the question "What's for dinner?" on a daily basis. We were also looking for a way to make the most out of our grocery purchases. For a fee, you can register to receive meal plans that are built according to your needs. Each week you will get a plan for 7 meals complete with recipe and grocery list. I love that the grocery list describes specifically which items to buy. They even include the price. The plan is designed so that you only spend between $75.00 to $85.00 a week on groceries for a family of 4-6! (For dinner that is.) We have been participating for a couple of weeks now and have been very pleased. The meals are quick, easy to prepare, and taste great. You can also expect to have leftovers if you have little ones who don't eat that much. There is a learning curve in using this method of grocery shopping. I have learned that you can make changes if you feel like you would prefer the meal in a different way. For example, one night it called for marinara sauce with ziti. I wasn't crazy about the sauce, so next time I would use something that I do like. Also, there is the option of crossing out a meal or ingredients that you know your family wouldn't eat. The meals are unique each week as well. There is tons more information on the website. If you click on the banner above, it should take you to the site.
Okay. There's my sales pitch. = ) I had mentioned this site to a couple of friends at work and thought it might benefit others as well.

1 comment:
Hey Krista. I just wanted to let you know that Brent and I signed up this weekend and went grocery shopping. We, too, are excited but also see a need for a few changes. I am just happy to have a few more options added to my regular suppers that we know and love. Thanks for the info!!
Post a Comment